Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2011

And just like that...

The world that made oh so much sense to me has once again fallen into the category of "unfair"

My father has fallen victim to a stroke. Happened monday, September 5 2011.
I got the call at 6:15 in the morning with my brother at a loss for words only simply saying, "Something is wrong with daddy..."
I arrived at Harris downtown promptly at 7 to find that my mother was completely in tears and speechless. Of course I did the only thing I could do for my mother; hug her.

He's been in the hospital since the 5th. His birthday was on the 1st.
He had just turned 48 and I had just talked to him to tell him happy birthday. He seemed so fine. Completely normal. He told me about his younger days and how women were always fighting over him. You wouldn't think it by looking at him now but my father used to be a handsome, strong man. Especially with that 18 inch afro he had going for him....

Its just crazy how the world is.
I literally was just talking to him the other day.

And now he doesn't even recognize his own sons...

He's sedated.
In an unstable condition. Unresponsive.

I don't want anything bad to happen to him. But I know this stroke has taken a lot from him already.

I can't even find the words to put into this stupid blog.

I'm completely stressed.

My life made so much sense not that long ago. And in an instant it makes no sense whatsoever.

Everything is falling apart. I'm barely holding on whilst fighting back tears.
I refuse to cry because I know if my father saw me like that he'd be like, "What are you crying for? You're a man save them for chick flicks." or something like that. I can't help but chuckle at the thought of him actually saying that.

How I'd love to hear him say that...

My thoughts are a scattered mess.

Stay up.

No comments: